FISU COURSES AND EVENTS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to FISU. Please find below our terms and conditions that reflect our duty of care to all our meditators.
One Course comprising of several modules
Our courses are presented in Modules where you learn different techniques, and it´s important that you complete all of them as the course is progressive. The modules are just for explanation purposes for the process, but it is considered “one course”.
Your course, and especially those taken at our City of London, Moorgate premises follow a track or day. If your requirement is a Monday track, we will endeavour to keep all your teaching sessions on a Monday. In the first week you are required to attend twice, so one day will be in addition to your chosen Track day.
FISU Meditation Courses
- Course Payments: All course payments are to be made in advance of the start of your course either through the FISU Shop or using our mobile terminal.
- Cancellation by you: If you decide not to complete the course during Module 1, we will refund 30% of your applicable course fee. Once you have completed this module, we consider that you have learnt the practice and no refund will be offered. However, we will keep your course open for 9 months from the date of your preparatory technique initial lesson (not the intro-talk), should you wish to continue with the current or next available module. (Modules are: 1 – Preparatory Technique and 3 Checking Sessions, Module 2 – Tratak & Check, Module 3 – Pranayama & Gurushakti, Module 4 – Full Techniques & Final Check). A Track is the day that a course will run i.e. a Monday Track will always run on a Monday (where possible).
- Commitment on your part: As our course is over several sessions, we reserve the right to postpone your module sessions if we consider that you have not demonstrated a level of commitment and/or progressed on the course to the standard we reasonably require of our students. We will postpone certain sessions of your course until you have returned to meditating regularly. This is to ensure that you are gaining the maximum benefit from your course (and not delaying others that may be in the same group).
- 3rd Party Payments: If a 3rd party paid for your course by credit or debit card and a refund is applicable, the refund will be returned to the cardholder who made the original payment. This does not apply if a gift voucher was purchased on your behalf.
- Course Validity: Your course is valid for 9 months from the date of your preparatory technique initial lesson (not the intro-talk), so we require that you complete the course during this period. If not, we reserve the right to expect payment for a new course in entirety or a re-vamp fee. More irregular participants have usually completed the course by 5-6 months. This will not apply if you are unwell, provided you can prove that you were unable to continue the course due to medical problems.
- Missed Module Sessions: If you miss a session or class, you can wait for the same session to come around again but we cannot guarantee that this will be within our usual time frame (Track) of the original structure of the course. You can pay a surcharge for a private lesson to catch up (as detailed in our fees). Other tracks will be offered as well to get you back on schedule without charge subject to scheduled availability.
- Same Teacher: We will endeavour to keep you with the same teacher during your course, but we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. All our teachers are trained to the same high standard.
- Support: FISU offers a lifetime of support, and there are free refresher evenings at regular intervals, however, if you have not finished the course nine months from your initiation date, as mentioned in Course Validity above, we reserve the right to request payment for a new course.
- Changed Teaching Session: We reserve the right to change a teaching session at short notice, but of course, we will try to avoid any last-minute changes to your schedule. We do not offer any compensation for a session that we have had to cancel.
- Suburban versus City of London Fees. We have a tiered fee structure (City of London, Suburban, 1-2-1 and Speciality Courses) and our courses based in the City of London have a higher fee (because of extortionate rental fees), than a suburban centre.
- Transferring Your Course Between Centres: If you start the course in a Suburban centre and because of the difficulties with the availability of your teacher there is a disruption to your course, then you may transfer to the City of London Centre without surcharge. However, if by choice, you wish to transfer to the City of London Centre, then you will be required to pay the difference between the two courses. However, if you start in the City of London centre and then wish to transfer to a suburban centre, there will be no refund between the two differing fees.
- Concessional Fees: Fees are valid for senior citizens provided they are no longer in part or full time paid work. Concession also apply to those that are unemployed provided evidence of a Universal Credit Letter (Job Seekers Allowance Letter or Benefits Letter) is presented at the time of registration for the course. Students under the age of 28 in part or full-time courses also qualify for a discount provided they are not in full-time employment.
- Consent to use your Personal Data: You hereby give us your full consent and agreement to use and to process your personal information for the purposes of teaching you our system of meditation. We shall treat your personal information in the strictest of confidence and in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Data Protection and Confidentiality: Your data is held in the strictest confidence, and FISU is licensed under the data protection act No: Z5974676. Anything that is discussed in person (not in a group session) with one of our teachers or any information given in your application form is considered to be in strict confidence. We pride ourselves on privacy and confidentiality and never share your details with third parties.
- Statutory Rights: As a consumer, you have certain legal statutory rights. If any of these terms conflict with, a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms. For more information on your statutory rights see https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights or call 03454 04 05 06 or contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms or liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or Extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, partial or full cancellation or delay of major public event, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building
- Complaints, Questions and Disputes: If you wish to make a complaint or have a question regarding your course or Togathering, Day Intensive or FISU Event booking, please contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our website. We will respond to you as quickly as we can and normally within 1 working day.
- Our Liability: a. We will not be liable for any losses which are not caused by either a breach of these terms by us, our non-compliance with our duties under applicable legislation or our negligence. We will also not be liable for any losses which were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed. Loss is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, we both knew it might happen for example if you discussed it with us during the booking process. b. We will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to any FISU venue or any property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to one of our venues or not. c. Nothing in these terms will exclude or limit our liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any other matter which it would be illegal for us to (or to attempt to) exclude or limit.
- Severability: If any provision in these terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the provision will apply with whatever deletion or modification is necessary so that the provision is legal, valid and enforceable. You and we intend that the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms shall not be affected.
- Waiver: Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms or otherwise or any delay in enforcing such rights or remedies shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
- Third Party Rights: This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Law: These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in relation to these terms shall be governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law. All disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or any non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to these terms shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts save that you agree that we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
FISU Meditation Residential Togatherings, Day Intensives, Masterclasses & Other Events
- Togathering Deposits: Deposits for Togatherings are not refundable.
- Togathering Balances: Togathering balances are due one calendar month before the event. When you have paid a deposit, failure to pay the balance within this period will be considered a cancellation and the full amount will be liable.
- Cancellations: Cancellations within one month when the full amount or balance is paid, or unpaid incur 100% of the fee.
- Transfer of your Booking to Another Person: This may be possible depending on the venue and their rules about last minute name changes. Some venues will treat this as a cancellation with no refund, and we are governed by these overarching conditions in these circumstances.
- Single & Twins Rooms: It is your responsibility to find someone to share with if you require a shared twin room, albeit where possible, we will endeavour to assist with your arrangements. However, on booking, if this is not clear, you are required to book and pay for a Single Room, and when a “sharer” becomes available, we will immediately refund you the difference. If there is no sharer, then you will be required to pay the single room price.
- Shared Room Conditions: If you book a shared place and the person you are sharing with cancels, we reserve the right to charge you for the single room rate.
- Day Intensives Cancellations: Refunds can be made if your place is cancelled more than 7 days before the event.
- Retreat or Event Cancellations: in the event that a Retreat or Event is cancelled by the venue, this shall be regarded as an event beyond our reasonable control pursuant to clause 16 (above) and your rights shall be subject, and limited, to the cancellation policy of the Conference Centre, hotel or venue”. If this is not in the meditator´s country, FISU will not be responsible for flight ticket expenses that have been pre-booked.
- Foreign Togathering Bookings: All events are published as “provisional” until the venue has been confirmed. Meditators should not book flights to attend one of these events when the status is: Provisional, but only when the status is: Confirmed. We will not be responsible for lost monies on air tickets under these circumstances, so the responsibility lies on the meditator to check that the event is “Confirmed” before proceeding with the purchase of non-refundable travel arrangements.